Based on Article 23 (1) of the Act of July 20, 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (i.e., Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended) and § 20 (2) and (4) of the Statute of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences in connection with the Act of March 2, 2020 on specific solutions related to the prevention and eradication of SARS-CoV-2, other infectious diseases and crisis situations caused by them (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 374, as amended) and the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of March 23, 2020 on the temporary limitation of the functioning of some entities in the higher education and science in relation to the prevention and combating of COVID-19 (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 511, as amended), follows:
1. From May 25, 2020, the mode of work for all SGGW employees is restored in accordance with the terms and conditions of work for those employees prior to the introduction of the SGGW extraordinary work mode, ensuring safe working conditions, taking into account the current state of threat to employees' health and applicable law defining the rules for the provision of work in terms of maintaining an adequate distance between workplaces and providing means for disinfecting hands, regardless of the position or form of employment.
2. For the implementation of obligations in the area of providing employees with safe working conditions, including those specified in par. 1, responsible are managers of SGGW organizational units.
3. The employee is obliged to immediately inform the employer of a suspected disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
4. The information referred to in par. 3 should be forwarded to the supervisor by phone or email to the name address of the supervisor in the sggw.edu.pl domain, and then the doctor's instructions and announcements of the Chief Sanitary Inspector should be followed.
5. The obligation to inform about the suspected infection caused by SARS-CoV-2 virus also applies to students and doctoral students who participate in classes conducted at university, referred to in § 3 (1) and persons staying in the SGGW student housing. Above paragraph 4 shall apply accordingly, however, information on suspected illness by a student should be forwarded directly to the Dean or by email to the Dean's name address in the sggw.edu.pl domain, and in the case of a doctoral student - to the name address in the sggw.edu.pl domain of the Head of Doctoral Studies / Head of the Doctoral School SGGW.
6. Persons informed about the suspected illness caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus by employees or students / doctoral students shall immediately inform the Rector of SGGW.
1. Until further notice, no open events are organized: scientific, sports and artistic, organized by SGGW or SGGW organizational units, at which the safety and health of participants cannot be guaranteed in accordance with the requirements of currently applicable law, including Open University and University of the Third Age, excluding events organized in a remote form.
2. Study visits, research and business trips of employees, doctoral students and students are suspended and students of post-graduate studies, with the exception of trips in matters related to maintaining the functioning of SGGW, to which the Rector, the relevant Vice-Rector or Chancellor of the SGGW agrees.
3. The arrival of foreign guests to SGGW is suspended.
1. Restored is the possibility of organizing at SGGW for first-cycle, second-cycle and uniform master's studies as well as education of doctoral students of practical didactic classes, in particular laboratory classes, clinical classes and internships for which learning outcomes cannot be achieved through classes in a remote form unless it is contrary to the relevant regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education. Restoration of classes for post-graduate students requires the opinion of the Dean and the consent of the Vice-Rector for Didactics.
2. Classes for first-cycle, second-cycle and uniform Master's studies, as well as for post-graduate studies, courses and education of doctoral students, for which achieving learning outcomes does not require the presence of the student / doctoral student at university, are conducted using distance learning methods.
3. For the organization and conduct of the classes referred to in paragraph 1 and 2 responsible is the person conducting the given module / subject under the supervision of the Dean / Director of the Institute / Head of Doctoral Studies / Head of the Doctoral School of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, respectively.
4. Preparation rules as well as the conditions and deadlines for implementation of the classes at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences, referred to in paragraph 1, is agreed for students by the Deans with the Vice-Rector for Didactics, and for doctoral students by the Head of the SGGW Doctoral School / Head of Doctoral Studies with the Vice-Rector for Science.
5. On the faculties' websites, Deans publish information about the dates of classes, referred to in par. 1, for particular majors, study levels, forms of studies as well as for specific study groups.
6. During the organization and conduct of the classes referred to in par. 1 observed should be the recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate regarding protection measures against the SARS-CoV-2 virus posted on the Chief Sanitary Inspector's website.
7. The Vice-Rector for Didactics is authorized to define guidelines for the implementation of didactic classes referred to in par. 1 and par. 2, as well as to make all decisions related to the organization of the education process as part of studies, post-graduate studies and other forms of education during the period of validity of this regulation. Similarly, the Vice-Rector for Science / Head of the Doctoral School of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences is authorized to define detailed guidelines for the implementation of the classes referred to in par. 1 and par. 2 in the scope of doctoral education.
8. Conducting scientific research takes place in safe conditions, taking into account the current state of threat to the health of employees, students and doctoral students, as well as applicable general law.
9. The heads of SGGW organizational units will ensure safe conditions for conducting scientific research and laboratory classes by students and doctoral students, which should take into maximum account the use of security requirements to protect their health.
1. Students who have left the SGGW student dormitories in connection with Regulation No. 18 of the SGGW Rector of March 11, 2020 on "Preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus among the Warsaw University of Life Sciences community" may return and stay in SGGW student dormitories only in justified cases, i.e. in the case of the necessity to implement classes at SGGW or on the basis of the decisions of the Vice-Rector for Didactics issued in individual cases.
2. Students studying in faculties where all didactic classes in the summer semester of the 2019/2020 academic year will be carried out remotely are asked to collect personal belongings left at SGGW's student housing and check out from SGGW's student housing by May 29, 2020. In the event of the ineffective expiry of the deadline indicated in the previous sentence, fees for staying in the SGGW student housing will be charged for the period after that date, in accordance with the applicable fee list.
3. In SGGW student dormitories, outside visitors are not allowed.
4. Persons living and staying in student houses of SGGW shall strictly observe the rules of the sanitary regime, with a ban on organizing events and meetings.
5. The Head of the SGGW Student Housing and Canteens Administration undertakes to organize the stay of people living in SGGW in accordance with the guidelines of the Minister of Science and Higher Education and the Recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspector regarding the provision of safe accommodation conditions in student houses during the COVID-19 epidemic.
6. Accommodation in SGGW dormitories during the holidays - if they are possible - will be regulated by separate decisions of the Rector.
1. The functioning of the Main Library of SGGW and the Museum of SGGW are resumed.
2. Detailed principles of operation of the units referred to in par. 1, taking into account the need of using their services and the current state of threat to the health of people staying in them, and applicable law specifying the rules of operation during the epidemic shall be determined by the head of each of these units and submitted for approval by the Vice-Rector for Science no later than May 29, 2020.
3. The SGGW Main Library reading rooms will be open to users with the entry into force of the generally applicable provisions in this respect.
4. SGGW Sports Facilities shall remain closed until the entry into force of generally applicable provisions enabling the use of such facilities.
1. It is recommended to limit direct contacts of SGGW employees, students and doctoral students.
2. In order to ensure communication between employees, students and doctoral students and to settle matters, in the first place telephone contact shall apply as well as using forms of electronic communication (e.g. email, EZD system) to forward documents. Correspondence and handling of physical documents should be limited to the minimum. The circulation of documents, including financial and accounting documents, if possible, should be carried out in electronic forms.
3 If possible, service should be performed remotely or limited to the necessary minimum and with precautions for the health and safety of both SGGW employees and other persons. Heads of organizational units are recommended to determine one point (room) for receiving inquirers.
1. Members of the SGGW academic community are advised to keep up to date with current announcements and recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspector posted on the website www.gis.gov.pl and the Minister of Health posted on the website www.gov.pl/web/koronavirus regarding coronavirus.
2. Members of the SGGW academic community are recommended to follow the messages posted on the SGGW website and apply the rules set out in the Algorithm of conduct in the event of a suspected infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus posted and constantly updated on the www.sggw.pl website.
3. Students of SGGW also undertake to follow and apply to messages posted on faculty websites.
1. Consent for exceptions from the requirements set out in this ordinance may be issued by the Rector of SGGW or a person acting under his authority.
2. The SGGW Rector may make individual decisions in situations not specified in this Regulation.
1. Repealed is the Regulation No. 18 of the Rector of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences in Warsaw of March 11, 2020 on "Prevention of the spread of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus among the Warsaw University of Life Sciences community".
2. Repealed is the Announcement of the Rector of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences of March 17, 2020 on the organization of the functioning of the Warsaw University of Life Sciences during the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus epidemic threat.
The Regulation enters into force on the day of signing and is valid until further notice.
Warsaw University of Life Sciences
Prof. dr hab. Wiesław Bielawski