Documents confirming the insurance are (depending on the country of origin, decide which document you present):
- Health insurance policy
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) – the card may be hold by Nationals of the Member States of the European Union (EU) or the member states of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) as long as they have insurance in their own country
- Agreement of voluntary health insurance with the National Health Fund (NFZ) concluded after the beginning of education in a given semester or academic year - the agreement may be concluded by non-nationals of the Member States of the European Union (EU) or the Member States of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), that are not subject to compulsory health insurance in Poland or Member States of the EU and EFTA and have legal residence in a territory of the Republic of Poland and have not legal residence in EU or EFTA Member State.
The insurance should cover the costs of treatment during the period of education in Poland. Students who do not have health insurance in Poland may be exposed to the cost of medical treatment on their own.
Students who have concluded a voluntary health insurance agreement with the National Health Fund are obliged to pay monthly contributions.
In order to sign a voluntary health insurance agreement, you should go to the National Health Fund competent for your place of residence. The competent department for foreigners living in the Masovian District is Masovian Branch of the National Health Fund, with the registered office at:
8 Chałubińskiego str.
For detailed questions regarding the conclusion of an agreement with the NFZ, please contact the appropriate branch of the National Health Fund.
Contribution for health insurance for non-national students recognized as persons of Polish origin complying with the requirements laid down in the provisions on repatriation or possessing a valid Polish Card (Karta Polaka) is paid by the university at the request of the person concerned. For this purpose, students report to the Student Affairs Office with the registered office at 166 Nowoursynowska str, building 8, room 8, within a period not exceeding 5 days from the date of concluding the agreement with the following documents:
- a photocopy of the agreement with the NFZ (the original must be shown),
- a photocopy of a certificate of Polish origin or a photocopy of an valid Polish Charter (the original must be shown),
- a photocopy of the current document legalizing your stay in Poland, e.g. a visa, residence card (the original must be shown),
- application of a non-national student regarding health insurance (available at the Office for Students Affairs),
- ZUS ZZA document (available at the Office for Students Affairs).