Faculty of Agriculture and Biology
- The role of habitat factors and crop and plant cultivation systems in developing the amount and quality of crops.
- Biochemical aspects of the productivity of cultivated plants.
- Interactions between plants and other organisms of symbiotic and pathogenic nature and the abiotic environment.
- Application of statistical and computer methods in analysis of data from experiments and other empirical reports within agricultural and biological sciences.
- Physiological and biochemical reactions of cultivated plants to various environmental factors.
- Environmental conditions of soil genesis and use in natural and anthropogenic ecosystems.
- Range, biology, importance and use of microorganisms from various environments, as well as their out-of-chromosome genetic elements.
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Morphology of domestic and wild mammals and birds.
- Physiological mechanisms and development regulation of homeostasis of living organisms and their health conditions.
- Study of pathogenicity and diagnostics of selected infectious and invasive factors, and immune response in animals.
- Effects of environmental pollution on animal health – the use of alternative study methods to assess the risk to humans and animals.
- The latest methods of laboratory diagnostics and medical imaging in veterinary.
- Etiology and pathology of selected infectious and non-infectious animal diseases.
- Disorders of the reproductive system and of the mammary gland in domestic animals.
- Implants in animal surgery.
- Research on foodstuff of animal origin safety.
Faculty of Forestry
- Development of natural and managed forest stands as a foundation for improving methods of regeneration, tending and silviculture planning.
- Biology, ecology, taxonomy and economic importance of plants, animals and fungi, focusing on forest ecosystems.
- Forest management and economic analysis of multifunctional forestry relations, taking into consideration spatial planning.
- Use of forest resources in sustainable forest management and engineering and tourist development of forest area.
- Forest protection and nature and landscape protection, focusing on NATURA 2000 areas.
Faculty of Horticulture, Biotechnology and Landscape Architecture
- Creating modern tools for genetic research, genomics, physiomics and molecular breeding of plants.
- Preserving biodiversity and sustainable development in plant protection and use.
- Improvement of technology, production and protection of hotricultural crops.
- Preserving high quality of horticulture products in ‘from the field to the table’ chain.
- Biological bases of technology diminishing environment chemicalization and pollution.
- Utilization of horticulture crops in environmental protection through fitoremediation.
- Horticulture management conditions in Poland and selected countries.
- Natural, cultural and social planning and design in landscape architecture.
- Landscape art in the light of art changes at the turn of 20th and 21st centuries.
- Landscape protection and development from the aspect of preserving natural values.
Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Analysis and development of thermo-mechanical processes in composite materials.
- Study of selected parameters of pressure sewer system.
- Study of zero energy buildings with the use of low-processed materials in non-urban regions.
- Study, development and monitoring of natural and anthropogenic soils in complicated load conditions.
- Study and calculations aimed at implementing innovative technologies of water and ground environment protection against pollution.
- Prognosis for changes in river valleys geology due to their development.
- Improvements of planning, design and realization processes of engineering objects.
- Analysis of implementing hydrological models in functional simulation of protected marsh areas of river basin.
- Water management in non-urban areas and areas of great natural interest.
- Water conditions development and diffuse pollution prevention for sustainable development of rural areas.
- Implementation of ecological engineering in water resources development and pollution prevention in urban and non-urban areas.
- Innovative and resource efficient water management in agriculture and forestry from the aspect of climate changes and climate protection.
- Rational use of peat bogs, taking into account the influence of climate changes on water balance of peat-muck soils.
- Influence of sorbents on the turfing process on non-cohesive grounds, and the influence of light conditions on sports turf surfaces.
Faculty of Wood Technology
- Pro-ecological technologies in material production, rationalization of design and construction methods, evaluation of materials used for furniture and joinery.
- Study of physico-chemical properties of wood.
- Study of tools, machines and control systems used in wood
- Study of transport and electro-chemical properties of cells and cell membranes.
Faculty of Animal Sciences
- Genetic and environmental conditions and potential in improving the quality and nutritional values of animal products.
- Reproductive biotechniques in animals.
- Breeding programmes of farm animals protected as genetic reserves.
- The influence of natural and anthropogenic biotic and abiotic factors on farm and free-living animals.
- Ecological and fauna study, and reintroduction of selected species.
- Genetic, biometric and behavioural aspects of domestic and wild animals breeding.
- The role of nutrition in modulating biochemical activity of cells. The use of nanoparties of metals and non-metals, foods produced from GMO and conventional plants, the extracts of invertebrates.
- Monitoring of direct surplus of animal production.
- Breeding and rearing of riverine fish in carp ponds.
- Organogenesis of endangered fish species.
- Biology of bees.
- Assessment of single-flower honey characteristics.
Faculty of Economic Sciences
- Economic activity conditions in Poland and other EU countries.
- Changes in food and exclusion zone in EU countries.
- Financial problems in agricultural policy.
- Financial management of economic entities in agribusiness.
- Sustainable development of agriculture and rural
- Assessment of the functioning and effectiveness of enterprises.
- Development trends in agriculture and agricultural trade.
- Globalization in the world economy and its influence on Polish economy.
- Education, communication, tourism and consultancy in regional and local development.
Faculty of Food Sciences
- Biotechnical aspects of food productions and study of critical parameters of microbiological and chemical safety of food quality.
- Chemical and biochemical transformations of food ingredients and biologically active compounds.
- Physiochemical, mechanical and structural changes in food caused by individual operations or technological and biotechnological processes.
- Influence of selected factors on food quality.
Faculty of Human Nutrition and Consumer Science
- Scientific bases for nutrition assessment of selected population groups.
- Optimization of nutritional prevention and nutritional therapy of various diseases.
- Designing and developing sensory quality, nutritional value and physico-chemical properties of food, including food of special nutritional use, convenience food, functional food and ecological food.
- Raw materials, technical, technological, and hygienic aspects of food quality.
- Food consumption in Poland – diagnosis and trends among different groups of consumers (paying attention to the consumers’ living standards).
Faculty of Production Engineering
- Improvement of crop production techniques in precision agriculture.
- Technological processes in forestry including simulation modelling, with consideration to the influence of husbandry.
- Management and technical and economic aspects of biomass production.
- Theory and technology in drying of agricultural products.
- Technological, ecological and economical aspects of energy consumption and recycling.
- Analysis of the influence of organizational and exploitation factors on the effectiveness of production processes in agriculture from the aspect of improving technical and exploitation rates, machinery diagnostics and quality effects.
- Economic analysis of various enterprises and sectors operating in the field of agriculture and food engineering.
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Continuity and changes in transformation process.
- General sociology (theoretical) – empirical sociologies – research areas.
- Society and politics in local and international conditions.
- Development conditions in the fields of communication, knowledge society and the local communities.
- Educational aspects of studying.
- Intercultural education versus the issue of dialogue, peace and trust in the cultural borderlands.
- Human being in the world of the meeting of cultures.
- Teenage personal development versus intercultural education.
- Social pathologies and educational disorders in rural and small-town regions.
Faculty of Applied Informatics and Mathematics
- Methods of mathematical analysis and typology.
- Quantitative methods in economy analyses.
- Informatics actions to increase economy innovation and competitiveness.
- Application of informatics in environmental studies.