Between 2003 – 2008 Ms. Rzepkowska studied at the Faculty of Biology of the University of Lodz in 2003-2008, majoring in biology, specializing in genetics. Since 2009 she continued her education at the Faculty of Biology of the Warsaw University. She graduated with honors in 2009 and receives her master’s degree in biotechnology. Her master thesis entitled "Genetic analysis of salmon (Salmo salar L.) populations relevant to the restitution program of this species in Poland" was carried out at the Institute of Genetics and Biotechnology, University of Warsaw and awarded as the best thesis by the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management. Since 2009, she is a PhD student at the Warsaw University of Life Sciences - Faculty of Animal Sciences. In 2012, she has been employed as an assistant at the Department of Ichthyobiology and Fisheries.
The main area of research interest involves: gonadogenesis and factors related to sex differentiation in sturgeons, the effects of phytoestrogens on sex reversion in sturgeons, application of modern methods of molecular biology (real-time PCR, pyro sequencing) in aquaculture research. Achievements in this field: description the development and differentiation process of gonads in two sturgeon species, Russian and Siberian and the identification and expression analysis of PepT2 gene in common carp.
1. Malgorzata Rzepkowska, Teresa Ostaszewska (2013) Proliferating cell nuclear antigen and Vasa protein expression during gonadal development and sexual differentiation in cultured Siberian (Acipenser baerii Brandt, 1869) and Russian (Acipenser gueldensta
2. M. Roszko, M. W. Obiedziński, K. Szymczyk, M. Rzepkowska, A. Szterk, R. Jędrzejczak (2013) Seasonal and geographical variations in levels of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB) and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) in Polish butter fat used as an indic
3. Marcin Bryła, Renata Jędrzejczak, Marek Roszko, Krystyna Szymczyk, Mieczysław W. Obiedziński, Janusz Sękul, Małgorzata Rzepkowska (2013) Application of molecularly imprinted polymers to determine B1, B2, and B3 fumonisins in cereal products. Journal of
4. Marek Roszko, Małgorzata Rzepkowska, Arkadiusz Szterk, Krystyna Szymczyk, Renata Jędrzejczak, Marcin Bryła (2012) Application of semi-permeable membrane dialysis/ion trap mass spectrometry technique to determine polybrominated diphenyl ethers and polyc
5. Teresa Ostaszewska, Konrad Dabrowski, Maciej Kamaszewski, Piotr Grochowski, Tiziano Verri, Małgorzata Rzepkowska, Jacek Wolnicki (2010) The effect of plant protein-based diet supplemented with dipeptide or free amino acids on digestive tract morpholog