DOCUMENTS CERTIFYING KNOWLEDGE OF ENGLISH
The Candidates are obliged to provide one of the following documents certifying their knowledge of English at B2 level or higher according to the global scale of the „Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: learning, teaching, assessment (CEFR)”.
A list of documents fulfilling the criteria:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- European Baccalaureate Diploma.
- Certificates confirming knowledge of the foreign language at B2 level:
Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) - ALTE Level 3 (B2) and higher:
- First Certificate in English (FCE);
- Business English Certificate (BEC) Vantage – at least Pass;
- Certificate in English for International Business and Trade (CEIBT);
Educational Testing Service (ETS):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – at least 87 points in an Internet-Based Test (IBT); at least 180 points in a Computer-Based Test (CBT); at least 510 points in a Paper-Based Test (PBT);
- Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) – at least 700 points;
University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, IDP IELTS Australia:
- International English Language Testing System IELTS - above 6 points;
City & Guilds, City & Guilds Pitman Qualifications, Pitman Qualifications Institute:
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) - First Class Pass at Intermediate Level minimum;
- International English for Speakers of Other Languages (IESOL) – a minimum level of „Communicator”;
- City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International (reading, writing and listening) a minimum level of Communicator (B2) 500/1765/2;
- Spoken English Test (SET) for Business - minimum Stage B „Communicator”;
- English for Business Communications (EBC) - Level 2 minimum;
- English for Office Skills (EOS) - Level 2 minimum;
Edexcel, Pearson Language Tests, Pearson Language Assessments:
- London Tests of English, minimum Level 3 (Edexcel Level 1 Certificate in ESOL International);
Education Development International (EDI), London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board:
- London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations (LCCI);
- English for Business minimum Level 2;
- Foundation Certificate for teachers of Business English (FTBE);
- English for Tourism minimum Level 2;
Telc GmbH, WBT Weiterbildungs-Testsysteme GmbH:
- B2 Certificate in English - advantage;
- B2 Certificate in English for Business Purposes - advantage;
- Certificate in English for Technical Purposes (B2);
- Telc English B2 (Business and Technical);
- A document confirming graduation from a programme carried out in English only, in a higher education institution abroad or in Poland.
- Passed exam of English language at the level B2, if it was implemented as a subject in the first cycle studies at SGGW.