In 2004 I graduated Master studies on the Faculty of Human Nutrition and Consumer Sciences with very good result. From 2002 to 2005 I was participating in the student internships in: Packaging Research Institute in Warsaw, Department of Quality Control Department of Meat "Farm Food"of the Sokołów Group in Czyżew and in the Veterinary Department of Animex Sp. z o.o. in Warsaw. From 2004 to 2008 I was a participant of the daily PhD studies at the Faculty Food Sciences. Between 2005 and 2006 I held the position of junior specialist for third countries contacts in the Veterinary Department of Animex Sp. z o.o.
In 2008 I defended my PhD thesis entitled “Occurrence and formation of sterol oxidation products in selected foodstuffs”. Since December 2008, I was employed as an assistant in the Department of Food Quality Evaluation at the Faculty of Food Sciences. One year later I was hired as an assistant professor. From 2009-2013, I participated in many scientific conferences and seminars both in Poland and abroad.
Among my professional interests are sterol transformations during thermal processing, food authenticity as well as quality of food fats in general.
Among my achievements I could mention: obtaining the financing for the realization of the research task in the competition for the young scientist/participant doctoral studies in 2012, and two Rector awards for academic and organizational achievements in 2011 and 2012. Under my guidance 15 engineering’s and 9 master's thesis were defended.
1. Derewiaka D., Obiedziński M. The influence of lard heat treatment on changes in the content of cholesterol and formation of cholesterol oxidation products. Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences 2010, Vol. 60, nr 1, s. 19-23.
2. Szterk A., Roszko M., Sosińska E., Derewiaka D., Lewicki P.P.; Chemical Composition and Oxidative Stability of Selected Plant Oils. J Am Oil Chem Soc 2010, vol 87, no. 6, pages 637-645.
3. Derewiaka D., Obiedzinski M. Cholesterol Oxides Content In Selected Animal Products Determined by GC-MS. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology 2010, vol. 10, pages 1130-1137.
4. Derewiaka D., Obiedziński M., Wołosiak R., Antoniuk A. Contents of phytosterols and oxyphytosterols in soybean with different addition of sea buckthorn seed oil after thermal processing. Polish Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences 2010, Vol. 60, No.
5. Derewiaka D., Sosińska E., Obiedziński M., Krogulec A., Czaplicki S. Determination of the adulteration of butter. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology 2011, vol. 113, pages 1005-1011.
6. Czaplicki S., Ogrodowska D., Derewiaka D., Tańska M., Zadernowski R. Bioactive compounds in unsaponifiable fraction of oils from unconventional sources. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology 2011, vol. 113, pages 1456–1464.
7. Derewiaka D., Obiedziński M. “Phytosterol oxides content in selected thermally processed products”. European Food Research and Technology 2012, 234: 703-712.
8. Derewiaka D, Obiedziński M. ”Wpływ obróbki termicznej na zawartość steroli w oleju rzepakowym oraz w mieszankach na bazie oleju rzepakowego” Żywność. Nauka. Technologia. Jakość. Kwartalnik naukowy 3(83) 2012, 64-76.
9. S. Czaplicki, D. Ogrodowska, R. Zadernowski, D. Derewiaka. Characteristics of biologically-active substances of amaranth oil obtained by various techniques. Polish Journal of Food and Nutritional Sciences, 2012 vol. 62. No. 4, 235-239.